You know how sometimes it’s the smallest things in a dish that can bring it from nice to great. These roasted red peppers are no exception. They’re easy withhardly no prep and they’re such a handy thing to have. I only recently started roasting peppers and the reason for this was that I wanted some healthy snack and lunch options for my little Miss E so they’re perfect baby food. Roasted red peppers are so versatile and nutritious (source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A). Fire them into pasta dishes, on bruschetta, salads, antipasto. Oh and did I mention the aroma of those little beauties wafting from the oven.
- Pre-heat oven at 220℃
- Rinse and dry a bunch of red peppers
- Half them (from the stem down), remove the core and de-seed them.
- Place them on parchment paper (face down where they were sliced)
- Roast for about 35mins and enjoy that delicious aroma coming out of the oven 🙂
- Leave the roasted red peppers cool for a few mins and peel off the burnt outer layer
Did you know peppers are a fruit and apparently anything that results from a flower is in fact a fruit. Enjoy these sweet succulent peppers