Is there anything more beautiful than an All White Interior? It makes my heart skip a beat. Some people might think oh it’s too clinical and sterile but combined with the right textures and materials you can have striking results and create a stunning space if done correctly. White is such a beautiful and pure colour like a soft fluffy cloud or a glass of crisp cold milk. But you do need more than white walls to pull off the right look and create a cohesive feel.
Source: Light Locations
Currently there are lots of dark moody colours on trend like the dark greens and blue/greys but there’s something so timeless about white. If you are thinking about painting with white there are a few considerations and here are some ways to create for decorating an All White space.
5 ways to create a beautiful All White Interior
- Selecting the right shade of white paint for your walls, ceiling, woodwork is crucial if your decorating in an all white palette. White paint has many different hues so choose wisely as you can end up with a very stark cold white or a white with green, grey, cream undertones and this is why it’s soooo important to try lots of samples. Apply 2 coats and check the samples at different times as the colour will look very different in different rooms and at different times of the day.
- White furniture – depending on what kind of look and feel your after this will steer you in the direction of what type of white furniture you’ll buy. For example, if you want a modern, minimal feel you could opt for white furniture with a glossy finish or for a cosy comfy French chic feel you could go for beautiful old wood pieces that could be upcycled and painted/distressed white.
- Couches and chairs – okay so I know white fabric chairs aren’t the most practical colour but with places like Ikea that do great white couches with removable, washable covers it’s definitely worth considering.
- Soft furnishings and Home Accessories – oh I can’t stress how important this is to giving your home a finished look. This is what will pull the whole look together and help create that cosy, homely feeling. This is also where you can inject some of your personality. Big beautiful white/off white (or jute) rugs work wonders to zone different areas in your home and will anchor all other elements in the room. Select cream/white throws in wool/mohair for texture. Combining and layering different textures like throws or sheepskin rugs over the armrest or backs of chairs and couches will create a softer look and feel. White linen or industrial style lamps will provide another layer of texture and elements of interest. Add rattan baskets with plants to bring in hints of nature.
- Pair white interiors with oak, limed oak or painted white floorboards.
Source for above images: Light Locations